so..one time i went for a job interview at the high and mighty cheesecake factory. during my interview, in one of my answers to those really fun interview type questions, i used the word "relational". the manager conducting the interview proceeded to tell me that relational wasn't a word. I then told him, "yes it actually is a word". he then insisted it was not a word. after leaving the interview i decided this was the last place i wanted to work. SO...I, in my infinite wisdom and sarcastic jackass humor printed out the following letter and mailed it to him today:
1. of or pertaining to relations.
2. indicating or specifying some relation.
3. Grammar. serving to indicate relations between various elements in a sentence, as prepositions, conjunctions, etc. Compare notional (def. 6).
"relational." Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1). Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006. 12 Sep. 2006.
1. Of or arising from kinship.
2. Indicating or constituting relation.
Grammar. Of, relating to, or being a word or particle, such as a conjunction or preposition, that expresses a syntactic relation between elements in a phrase or sentence.
"relational." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. 12 Sep. 2006.
haha...i'm such a jackass...i even went the extra mile and cited it MLA style...lol...ahhh..i love me.